2016 Bracketology: Jackrabbit Men Heading East, Women Heading South
Now that they're scaled the heights of the Summit League Tournament, the South Dakota State men's and women's basketball teams are anxious to find out what's next for them in the 2016 post season.
The so-called 'experts' have some ideas.
ESPN's men's bracketologist Joe Lunardi has the Jackrabbits as the number-12 seed in the East regional. The current projection has SDSU opening in Spokane, Washington, playing fifth-seed California.
The automatic bid is the Jacks' third NCAA Tournament appearance in the last five years.
The 2016 men's selection show is Sunday, March 13, at 4:30 PM on CBS.
Here is a recap of South Dakota State's history in the NCAA Men's Tournament:
- 2012 (#14 seed) - Defeated by Baylor in round one
- 2013 (#13 seed) - Defeated by Michigan in round one
The South Dakota State women are in the NCAA Tournament for the seventh time in the last eight years.
ESPN's women's bracketologist Charlie Creme has the Jackrabbits are the number-13 seed in the Sioux Falls regional. The current projection has SDSU opening in College Station, Texas against the home team, fourth-seed Texas A&M, in round one.
The 2016 women's selection show is Monday, March 14, at 6:00 PM on ESPN.
Here is a recap of South Dakota State's history in the NCAA Women's Tournament:
- 2009 (#7 seed) - Won opening round game against TCU. Defeated by Baylor in round two
- 2010 (#14 seed) - Defeated by Oklahoma in round one
- 2011 (#15 seed) - Defeated by Xavier in round one
- 2012 (#13 seed) - Defeated by Purdue in round one
- 2013 (#13 seed) - Defeated by South Carolina in round one
- 2015 (#14 seed) - Defeated by Oregon State in round one