2016 Minnesota Vikings Season Schedule Features Four Prime Time Games
The Minnesota Vikings will play four prime time games in 2016, and also a Thanksgiving day game.
Mike Zimmer will lead his team into Tennessee to start the season on September 11, 2016. The first Vikings home game at US Bank Stadium will be in Week 2 when they host the Green Bay Packers on Sunday Night Football. That is also the only scheduled Sunday Night Football game the Vikings have.
Monday Night Football will feature the Vikings two times, and both will occur within five weeks. Week 4 will be a home contest against the New York Giants. Minnesota will travel and play a Monday Night game in Chicago for Week 8 on Halloween.
Overall, the schedule is pretty even. Minnesota will only host games on back-to-back weekends once. They will also travel on back-to-back weekends once.
2016 Season Schedule:
- Week 1: @ Tennessee (12:00)
- Week 2: vs. Green Bay (7:30 Sunday Night Football)
- Week 3: @ Carolina (12:00)
- Week 4: vs. New York Giants (7:25 Monday Night Football)
- Week 5: vs. Houston (12:00)
- Week 6: Bye Week
- Week 7: @ Philadelphia (12:00)
- Week 8: @ Chicago (7:25 Monday Night Football)
- Week 9: vs. Detroit (12:00)
- Week 10: @ Washington (12:00)
- Week 11: vs. Arizona (12:00)
- Week 13: vs. Dallas (7:25 Thursday Night Football)
- Week 14: @ Jacksonville (12:00)
- Week 15: vs. Indianapolis (12:00)
- Week 16: @ Green Bay (12:00)
- Week 17: vs. Chicago (12:00)