2017 Hy-Vee/Sanford Legends For Kids Lineup Released
Every single year, the Hy-Vee/Sanford Legends events get bigger and they continue to raise more and more money for kids in the Sioux Empire.
The 2017 lineup of athletes for the camps and banquet has been released and the banquet will take place June 8th, 2017 at the Sanford Pentagon.
The athletes include:
- Keyshawn Johnson, retired NFL wide receiver (Football)
- Rebecca Lobo, retired WNBA center (Basketball)
- Jose Canseco, retired MLB outfielder (Baseball)
- Marty McSorley, retired NHL forward/defenseman (Hockey)
- Chad Greenway, retired Minnesota Vikings linebacker (Football)
- Mike Miller, Denver Nuggets guard/forward (Basketball)
- Kris Tschetter, LPGA (Golf)
The point of the events each year is to provide a unique opportunity to the Sioux Empire to be around some great athletes and coaches while helping teach quality, integrity and character according to their mission statement.
Also according to the event organizers, the events and celebrity football camp raised a record $185,000 for their grant program and since 2005, they have raised more than $1.6 million.
Not only are they working with community programs on grants, they started a scholorship program too.
Legends is continuing its scholarship program in 2017. The Legends for Kids Scholarship is a $5,000 award given to six outstanding graduating seniors who have demonstrated exceptional character and leadership in athletics and school involvement. The scholarship program was created by Hy-Vee, Sanford and First PREMIER to be used for post-secondary education.
If you would like to for the Legends for Kids Scholarship will be accepted until April 21. The nomination packet is available at legendsforkids.com.
Subscribe to KSOO-FM / ESPN 99.1 on