5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Mr. Bendo In Sioux Falls
In my ongoing quest to find out more about cool landmarks in Sioux Falls I ran a little background check on a big guy on Cliff Ave.
Here are 5 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Mr. Bendo:
- The home of the 18-foot tall Mr. Bendo is at Buck's Mufflers in Sioux Falls on the corner of S. Cliff Avenue and East 12th Street.
- Mr. Bendo has been at Buck's since 1963.
- On St. Patty's day 2010 Mr. Bendo was busted up pretty bad when a drunk driver missed the corner turn and ran square into the big fella's right leg.
- A Mr. Bendo support group raised funds to help get him back to full health by selling t-shirts stating: All profits/kickbacks go towards Mr. Bendo's medical bills. This fundraiser is approved by Jerry at Buck's Muffler.
- Mr. Bendo has brothers in Chicago, IL. & Indianapolis, IN. In 2013 the Chicago Mr. Bendo blew down in a storm and someone walked off with his head.
Check out some of this other interesting stuff about the Mr. Bendos: