Green Bay Packers TE Jermichael Finley Out of ICU; Other Injuries Around NFL
Green Bay Packers tight end Jermichael Finley took a big hit on Sunday against the Clevenland Browns, and was carted off the field as a result.
Finley was taken into an intensive care unit, and yesterday, the Packers received good news. Finley was taken out of ICU. Finley tweeted that he was walking.
"I want to thank my family, friends, teammates, fans and Packer Nation for the prayers and support over the past 24 hours. I'm happy to report that I have been transferred out of the intensive care unit and that I have full feeling in my arms and legs. As importantly,I was able 2 walk to & from the shower today, which was badly needed after yesterday's victory! Thank u again 4 the support, and Go Packers!
Along with Finley's injury on Sunday, there were several injuries around the NFL that will impact teams going forward.
- Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler will miss four weeks with a groin injury, and linebacker Lance Briggs is out for at least six weeks with a shoulder injury.
- St Louis Rams quarterback Sam Bradford will miss the rest of the season with a torn ACL.
- Houston Texans linebacker Brian Cushing will miss the rest of the season with a broken leg and torn PCL, and running back Arian Foster left Sunday's game with a hamstring injury.
- Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Reggie Wayne is out for the year with a torn ACL.
- Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Leon Hall will miss the rest of the season with a torn Achilles tendon.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Doug Martin is done for the season with a torn labrum.