JazzFest 2015: Everything You Need to Know
JazzFest is so much more than jazz! It is three days of jazz, blues, rock, funk, big band, soul- - food, beverages, family fun, dancing, laughter, frisbee tossing, sunscreen and I'm sure a lot more! This is, unbelievably, JazzFest's 25th anniversary and you are invited to the party! Here is everything you need to know:
- Dates: Thursday, July 16 through Saturday, July 18, 2015
- Location: Yankton Trail Park on the south side of I-229 off of Minnesota Avenue (map)
- Times: Thursday - Gates open at 3:00 PM until 10:00 PM (Beer garden near stage opens at 3:00 PM)
- Times: Friday - 3:00 PM to 11:45 PM (Yup, beer garden near stage open again at 3:00 PM)
- Times: Saturday - 11:00 AM to 11:45 PM
- Admission: Free. Sioux Falls Jazz & Blues Society raises money through the sale of beverages at the festival, so stay hydrated. Okay?
- Parking: $10 per day to park inside Yankton Trail Park, but there are a lot of other options
- Bike/Walking Trail: Yankton Trail Park is connected to several other parks, so you can park your vehicle at one of them and walk or bike from there (map). Spoke-n-Sport is again providing bike valet service off of the bike trail south of the main stage area at JazzFest.
- Shuttle Buses: $3 per person round-trip. Catch the buses at Augie's Elmen Center, and at O'Gorman and Roosevelt High School. Park your car, ride to the festival.
- Shuttle Bus Schedule: Thursday 5:00 PM to 11:00 PM (Elmen Center only), Friday 5:00 PM to 12:30 AM (Elmen Center only), Saturday 11:00 AM to 12:30 AM (Elmen Center, Roosevelt & O'Gorman)
- JazzQuest: Is a special area just for children with all kinds of activities, including inflatables
- Hotel Accommodations: JazzFest package info
- Performers: Lots! Including Boz Scaggs & Grace Potter. Check out the schedule.
- Where Monies Raised Go: To support the Sioux Falls Jazz & Blues Society whose mission is to raise awareness of music (jazz & blues in particular) through music events and educational programs.
Do: Bring a lawn chair or blanket, a bike, ball or Frisbee, plenty of sunscreen, your kids, a hat & sunglasses, and make sure you have cash or credit cards.
Don't: Bring coolers, umbrellas, tents, radios, portable TVs or your pets (unless they are support animals). No camping. No RVs.
And lastly - enjoy! JazzFest is an annual, not-to-be-missed Sioux Falls tradition!
And, because we love Grace Potter, here's another one of our favorites.