Jerry Palleschi’s Class 11AAA, 11AA Football Poll October 12
The top team in 11AAA fell this past weekend, but is it enough to pull the Rough Riders out of the top spot? Plus a shakeup in 11AA.
What a weekend it was in high school football. If you missed any of the scores, make sure to visit the local scoreboard.
Sioux Falls Roosevelt suffered their first loss of the season at Brandon Valley 21-7 on Friday night. The Rough Riders were just able to get 171 yards of offense on 49 plays. Brandon Valley also picked off Jett Thune twice. The Lynx are now on a four game winning streak.
Sioux Falls Washington continued to dominate shutting out Watertown 45-0. O'Gorman handed Rapid City Steven's their fifth loss of the year 47-7. The Patriots got back in the win column with over 600 yards of total offense in a 62-39 win over Rapid City Central.
The biggest debate of the week will be for the top spot. Roosevelt or Washington? As of now, I'm going to stay put but the two teams will meet in just two weeks to settle the debate. My AAA poll remains unchanged from last week.
1) Sioux Falls Roosevelt (6-1). Last Week #1. Loss vs. Brandon Valley 21-7
2) Sioux Falls Washington (6-1). Last Week #2. Win vs. Watertown 45-0
3) Sioux Falls O'Gorman (5-2). Last Week #3. Win vs. Rapid City Stevens 47-7
4) Brandon Valley (5-2). Last Week #4. Win vs. Roosevelt 21-7.
5) Sioux Falls Lincoln (4-3). Last Week #5. Win vs. Rapid City Central 62-39.
Class 11AA has been tough to figure out since the beginning of the season. This past weekend Pierre suffered a loss, while the surging Mitchell Kernels continue to make a charge towards the top spot in the polls after defeating Brookings. Harrisburg managed to sneak out a win in overtime. Yankton ended a two game losing streak by beating Huron.
With the results from the past weekend we do have a change in the order of the polls. We will have a more definite order after this upcoming weekend when Pierre/Mitchell, Harrisburg/Brookings play.
1) Pierre (5-2). Last Week #1. Loss vs. Aberdeen Central 20-13.
2) Mitchell (5-2). Last Week #3. Win vs. Brookings 49-41
3) Harrisburg (4-3). Last Week #4. Win vs. Douglas 21-20 OT
4) Brookings (3-4). Last Week #2. Loss vs. Mitchell 49-41
5) Yankton (4-3). Last Week #5. Win vs. Huron 45-18
Games This Week:
Roosevelt @ Rapid City Central
Rapid City Stevens @ Washington
Huron @ O'Gorman
Brandon Valley @ Lincoln
Mitchell @ Pierre
Brookings @ Harrisburg
Douglas @ Yankton