Jerry Palleschi’s Class 11AAA, 11AA Football Poll September 21
Big time changes have taken place in both Class 11AAA and 11AA polls following this past weekend's football action.
Sioux Falls Washington was set back a few weeks ago by their rival Sioux Falls Lincoln. Two weeks later and Chad Stadem's group has found their stride by picking up wins against Yankton and O'Gorman. Lincoln, on the other hand, has now lost to Roosevelt and to Brookings.
Roosevelt continues to dominate and stand alone at the top of the Class 11AAA poll. Brandon Valley also got back to the winning ways by defeating Rapid City Stevens on Friday night.
1) Sioux Falls Roosevelt (4-0). Last Week: #1. Win vs. Harrisburg 41-8
2) Sioux Falls Washington (3-1). Last Week: #4. Win vs. O'Gorman 39-23
3) Sioux Falls O'Gorman (2-2). Last Week: #2. Loss vs. Washington 39-23
4) Brandon Valley (2-2). Last Week: #5. Win vs. Rapid City Stevens 43-0
5) Sioux Falls Lincoln (2-2). Last Week: #2. Loss vs. Brookings 28-22
Class 11AA is a scramble while into the middle parts of the schedule. So far Class 11AA is 5-3 against Class 11AAA this season (Really. They are). Pierre has continued to solidify themselves as the top team in the class. Spots 2-4 though are essentially at a point of almost being equal.
It's hard to punish a team like Harrisburg with a loss against the best team in the state, but it's also tough to position Brookings after a win against Lincoln. Yankton, record wise, makes a case to be positioned ahead of both.
1) Pierre (4-0). Last Week: #1. Win vs. Huron 37-12
2) Yankton (3-1). Last Week: #3. Win vs. Aberdeen Central 36-25
3) Harrisburg (2-2). Last Week: #2. Loss vs. Roosevelt 41-8
4) Brookings (2-2). Last Week: #4. Win vs. Lincoln 28-22
5) Mitchell (2-2). Last Week: #5. Win vs. Sturgis 62-7
We'll learn even more about Class 11AA this weekend as Pierre and Yankton meet on Friday night. Harrisburg will play Brandon Valley, while Brookings gets Huron.