Knoxville Nationals Night Two
The first two nights of the Knoxville Nationals have been completed. The event got underway on Wednesday night with Shane Stewart from Bixby, Oklahoma winning night one.
Night two on Thursday was pretty dramatic with Terry McCarl, from Altoona, Iowa, winning the Thursday feature race. McCarl stormed from the number nine starting position and Brian Brown, from Grain Valley, Missouri, came from 23rd all the way to fifth.
A large field of cars are in competition at the world's largest sprint car event. A total of 112 cars are listed in qualifying order.
Donny Schatz, of North Dakota, and Kerry Madsen, from Australia, will share the front row at this point to start Saturday's championship main event.
A Main Lineup for Saturday (first 8 rows)
1. 15, Donny Schatz, Fargo, North Dakota
2. 29, Kerry Madsen, St. Mary’s, NSW, Australia
3. 7, David Gravel, Watertown, Connecticut
4. 71m, Joey Saldana, Brownsburg, Indiana
5. 49, Brad Sweet, Grass Valley, California
6. 2, Danny Lasoski, Dover, Missouri
7. 51, Paul McMahan, Nashville, Tennessee
8. 24, Terry McCarl, Altoona, Iowa
9. 41, Jason Johnson, Eunice, Louisiana
10. 93H, Sheldon Haudenschild, Wooster, Ohio
11. 1B, Dale Blaney, Hartford, Ohio
12. 16, Shane Stewart, Bixby, Oklahoma
13. 1z, Lucas Wolfe, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
14. 21, Brian Brown, Grain Valley, Missouri
15. 9, Daryn Pittman, Owasso, Oklahoma
16. 24R, Rico Abreu, St. Helena, California
This is the most famous and most important of all sprint car events. It draws attention worldwide. NASCAR legend Jeff Gordon is there: