Minnesota Vikings Latest Net Worth Exceeds 1 Billion, Ranked 34th in Sports
Some really good news if you're Zygi Wilf, and other members of the Wilf family, the Minnesota Vikings are now worth over a billion dollars according to a recent study by Forbes.
Forbes ranks the top 50 sports teams based on value each year. Wilf, and his group, purchased the Vikings in 2006 for $660 million. With a new stadium being built, the value of the team has significantly increased. The Vikings are now worth $1.007 billion, and are 34th in the sports world. Talk about a return on investment.
The Vikings are right behind the Kansas City Chiefs ($1.009 billion), and ahead of the Cleveland Browns ($1.005 billion) and New Orleans Saints ($1.004 billion).
Here is the top 10 net worth teams in the world.
10) New York Giants ($1.55 billion)
9) Washington Redskins ($1.7 billion)
8) New England Patriots ($1.8 billion)
7) Bayern Munich ($1.85 billion)
6) LA Dodgers ($2 billion)
5) Dallas Cowboys ($2.3 billion)
4) New York Yankees ($2.5 billion)
3) Manchester United ($2.81 billion)
2) Barcelona ($3.2 billion)
1) Real Madrid ($3.44 billion)