Off the Tee: 2016 PGA Championship Recap, Olympic Golf Preview, Ryder Cup Standings
Just two weeks after Henrik Stenson and Phil Mickelson did it at the British Open, Jimmy Walker and Jason Day provided the final round drama at the PGA Championship, with Walker emerging with a one-shot win. The victory means all first-time major winners in 2016.
In the edition of 'Off The Tee', I talk with Joel Harrington from 4 Deep Golf Blog about:
- Inclement weather forcing 12 hours of golf on the final day the Baultsrol, featuring some lenient rules for Round Four.
- Walker's nerves of steel holding off the #1 player in the world , Jason Day, who eagled 18 to make things very interesting Sunday.
- Rough going for Dustin Johnson and Rory McIlroy, who each missed the cut.
- Walker's win catapulted him from 29th to fourth in the latest Ryder Cup standings. The 2016 event is just eight weeks away.
- Golf returns to the Summer Olympics for the first time in more than 100 years, when the men tee it up in Rio next week. There will be no break in the PGA Tour schedule with the Travelers Championship this week and the John Deere Classic next week.
Here is my complete conversation with Joel: