Off the Tee: Bubba Wins, Adam Scott Returns to Form, Is Tiger Still Hurting?
He continues to be the PGA Tour's riddle wrapped in an enigma, but there's one thing we do know about Bubba Watson - he's tough to beat at Riviera.
For the second time in three years, Watson shot 15-under par at the Northern Trust Open, and was on top of the leader board on Sunday afternoon.
In this edition of "Off The Tee" with Joel Harrington from 4 Deep Golf Blog, we talk about Bubba's ninth tour win and the other stories making news in golf.
Some of the headlines:
- Bubba Watson wins at Riviera by one stroke, ending a nearly two year win drought. It turns out, Bubba beat a kidney stone before he beat the field.
- Adam Scott made it interesting with some putting success Sunday, finishing tied for second, one back.
- Rory McIlroy was in contention heading into Sunday in LA, but a final round 75 left him tied for 20th. Rory, meanwhile, spent part of the week responding to criticism of his workout regimen.
- This week, the PGA Tour heads to the East coast for the first time in 2016, with the Honda Classic in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. We preview the course and the field.
- One report says Tiger Woods is not progressing as he recovers from back surgery, but Tiger's agent says that's 'ridiculous and absolutely false'.
- Back home, the Great Plains Golf Expo is this weekend at the Sioux Falls Convention Center.
Listen to my complete conversation with Joel here: