Off the Tee: Chris Kirk Wins at Colonial, Rory Flops in Europe, Tiger’s Majors Questioned, South Dakota’s First Championship of 2015
While the current #1 golfer in the world was missing the cut in Europe, and a former #1's record 14 major victories were being called into question, a guy who hadn't won on the PGA Tour all year was hoisting a trophy in Texas.
All of those topics, and more, were on the table for this edition of "Off The Tee" with Joel Harrington from 4 Deep Golf Blog. Here are some of the headlines:
- Chris Kirk's wins at soggy Colonial, which Joel says is a good win, despite a depleted field. It was another good showing for the future of American golf.
- Rory McIlroy missing the cut at BMW PGA Championship in Europe a week after winning on the PGA Tour. Joel says Rory still struggles with consistency.
- Miguel Angel Jimenez setting Euro Tour record with 10th career ace.
- Sportswriter Dan Jenkins claims Tiger Woods' run of victories in majors is tainted because Tiger "beat a lot of nobodies". Joel says some of Tiger's wins might not have come against the biggest names, but says the guys
- South Dakota gets ready for the first championship of the 2015 season - the Mid-Amateur Championship in Pierre.
Here's my entire interview with Joel: