Off the Tee: New Winners, New Rules
While most of us are still trying to wrap our heads around the beginning on yet another PGA Tour season, just a few weeks after last season ended, some young players are taking advantage of the new year in golf with their first tour victories.
In week one, it was Emiliano Gallo at the Frys.com Open. Last week it was Smylie Kaufman notching his first victory at the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open.
In this edition of "Off The Tee" with Joel Harrington from 4 Deep Golf Blog, we find out who exactly these guys are, plus explore everything else that's happening in the world of golf.
Some of the headlines:
- Emiliano Grillo and Smylie Kaufman. Who are these guys?
- Kevin Na's with back-to-back close calls, runner-up finishes two straight weeks.
- Justin Rose wins in Hong Kong Open in just his second tournament with new clubs.
- Former Westward Ho (now The Country Club of Sioux Falls) assistant pro Rich Beem gives up his sponsor's exemption to let Ian Poulter play at the Hong Kong Open so Poulter can keep his European Tour card.
- The 2016 USGA Rule Changes.
- Ben Crane reports his own rules violation, gets disqualified from Shriners Hospitals for Children Open.
- U.S. Mid-Amateur Sammy Schmitz starts a GoFundMe page to raise money to get to The Masters in April.
Listen to my complete interview with Joel here: