Off the Tee: Olympic, John Deere Recap, Vining to Amateur Again
The first Olympic golf competition in our lifetime is complete on the men's side in Rio as Britain's Justin Rose out dueled Sweden's Henrik Stenson for the gold medal in Rio. American Matt Kuchar took bronze.
In this edition of 'Off The Tee' Joel Harrington from 4 Deep Golf blog weighs in on the good and bad in Rio, plus talks about what changes need to be made heading into the 2020 Toyko games.
Among the other topics covered:
- Bubba Watson's 35-foot putt attempt goes less than six feet
- Ryan Moore's triumph at John Deere Classic
- Robert Allenby is back in the news for all of the wrong reasons. Two years after he was allegedly assaulted in Honolulu while playing in the Sony Open, Allenby was arrested for disorderly conduct at an Illinois casino early Saturday morning
- USD's Tom Vining, a Sioux Falls native, has qualified for the U.S. Amateur Championship for the second straight year
- Yankton's Aaron Lickteig and Megan Mingo won the South Dakota Stroke Play Championships
Listen to my conversation with Joel: