Off the Tee: Sergio Wins in a Playoff, Spieth Falters, Rory Triumphs on Home Soil, Phil’s Stock Problems, Tiger’s All Wet
When the dust settled at the AT&T Byron Nelson, Sergio Garcia was the winner in a playoff over Brooks Koepka. But with Koepka the 54-hole leader and Jordan Spieth right behind him heading into Sunday, did the Americans hand the tournament over to the Spaniard?
In the edition of 'Off The Tee', I talk with Joel Harrington from 4 Deep Golf Blog about the result in Dallas and a whole lot more.
Here are some of the other topics I cover with Joel:
- Jordan Spieth's Sunday stumble in Dallas, his swing woes, and his increasing sensitivity to criticism
- Bud Cauley finished tied for fourth at the Byron Nelson, but will best be remembered for this moment:
- Ian Poulter takes his beef with a heckler to Facebook
- Rory McIlroy wins the Irish Open thanks to some clutch shots late. He then donates the $750,000 prize money to charity
- Phil Mickelson's insider trading issues will force him to payback a ton of money
- The PGA moves into Fort Worth this week for the Colonial. Joel has a preview
- Tiger Woods puts three balls in the water at Congressional while promoting his Quicken Loans National Tournament. Is this a sign that he's nowhere close to coming back?
Here is my complete conversation with Joel: