Off the Tee: Tiger Woods Finishes Second, Golf Wins at Valspar
It will officially go in the record books at a T-2 for Tiger Woods at the 2018 Valspar Championship, but it sure seemed like a win for the former number-one player in the world, and the PGA Tour as a whole.
Tiger's near miss at Innisbrook also provided the golf world with a big TV ratings boost, as the most watched non-Masters final round since the 2015 PGA Championship.
In this edition of 'Off The Tee', Joel Harrington from 4 Deep Golf and I talk about Tiger's play in Florida and how that sets him up for a return to Augusta next month.
Joel and I also discuss:
- While Tiger was grabbing all of the attention, Paul Casey's was posting his first win since 2009
- Patrick Reed had a chance to force a playoff, but had a big blunder on the 72nd hole
- A preview of this week's Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill preview, where eight-time event winner Tiger returns after a five-year absence
- The favorites to win the 2018 Masters, which starts in three weeks
- Tiger Woods and Ernie Els have been named Captains for the 2019 Presidents Cup in Australia
- Some rule changes that will impact local players everywhere
Here's our full conversation: