Sanford POWER Middle School Program Preparing Kids for Next Level
Sanford POWER is helping middle school athletes take the next step in their athletic journey with a program aimed at development.
The Sanford POWER Middle School Program is open to youth athletes in grades 5-8. Three times per week, athletes are able to meet and work on their basic fundamentals and movement. These are not sport-specific workouts and are open for all athletes.
Each session runs for one hour from 6:30-7:30 PM on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at the Sanford Fieldhouse in Sioux Falls. Classes will run June 4 through August 4, with the only exceptions being no classes July 2-6. During the hour, focus will be placed on:
- Mastering basic movement skills in a supportive and fun environment
- Jumping, landing, deceleration, spatial awareness, body control, and balance
- Sanford Knee Injury Prevention Program exercises performed
- Sanford SCOREPRO Biomechanical Movement Assessment including in the program. Results sent to parents and athletes.
- Strength/ Speed/ Agility exercises (age appropriate)
Let your student athlete grow and take the next steps by enrolling them in the Sanford POWER Middle School Program!