Some Things You Need To Know When Attending the 2016 Summit League Basketball Tournament in Sioux Falls
There is no denying the fact that the Summit League Tournament is a blast!
Every year it has continued to grow over the last decade as it has called Sioux Falls home and has even seen the shift of the tournament from the iconic Sioux Falls Arena to the new Denny Sanford Premier Center.
As you attend the 2016 Summit League Tournament, here are few you things you may need to know as well as some tips on attending this great event.
- Tickets are going fast, so make sure and get yours now for whatever session or sessions you plan on attending. Ticketmaster.com or the box office at the Premier Center to purchase tickets.
-All games will be televised on national TV as ESPN3 will have all the games and ESPNU will carry the Women's Championship on Tuesday and the Men's Championship will air on ESPN2 on Tuesday night.
- Midco Sports Network will also have all the games on their network except for the games on Championship Tuesday
-Parking will at a premium as not only is the Summit League Tournament going on at the Premier Center, the Home Show is going on at the Convention Center and Arena. So try and arrive early if you can. Parking on the streets near the event center is another good option.
- The Summit Lounge will be open again this year inside the Premier Center for fans to mingle and watch other games on the big screen. There is a lounge area to sit and there is food and beverage options. The Summit Lounge is located on the 1st floor of the Premier Center.
- Make sure and get your selfie pictures too while you attend, as the Summit League Selfie Station will be open throughout the tournament.
- Beer is served throughout the complex during the Summit League Tournament while other alcohol drinks will only be served in the suites.
- When using social media to send pictures and tweets from the tournament, use the hash tag #March2theSummit
- Court storming will be allowed. The Summit League has set up great security measures to make sure that the court storming happens in a safe environment according to their Commissioner Tom Douple.
And finally, the most important tip for attending the 2016 Summit League tournament is to simply HAVE A LOT OF FUN as you watch some really good basketball in Sioux Falls.