UFC Sets Main Event for Fight Night 91 in Sioux Falls
The UFC has announced the main event for the upcoming July 13 show at the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center. The lightweights will take center stage.
Two former Ultimate Fighter winners in the UFC Lightweight division will headline the first time event in Sioux Falls. Tony Ferguson, 21-3, is currently ranked 3rd in the division and was the winner of The Ultimate Fighter season 13. He is on a seven fight winning streak and could be in line for a title shot with a win in Sioux Falls.
His opponent for the night was the winner of The Ultimate Fighter: Live season in 2012. Michael Chiesa is currently ranked 9th in the division and is 14-2 in his MMA career. He is 7-2 since earning his contract into the UFC. Chiesa is currently on a three fight winning streak, and has ended 11 of his fights by submission.
Ferguson and Chiesa will headline the Sioux Falls card that also features local natives Ben Nguyen and Devin Clark.
UFC Fight Night 91 at the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center:
- Main Event Lightweight: Tony Ferguson vs. Michael Chiesa
- Middleweight: Tim Boetsch vs. Josh Samman
- Lightweight: Scott Holtzman vs. Cody Pfister
- Welterweight: Kyle Noke vs. Keita Nakamura
- Flyweight: Ben Nguyen vs. Louis Smolka
- Middleweight: Devin Clark vs. Alex Nicholson
- Heavyweight: Daniel Omielanczuk vs. Oleksiy Oliynyk
Tickets are scheduled to go on sale on May 20th.