Vikings Search For First Road Win
SIOUX FALLS, SD -- Augustana (2-4 NSIC, 0-2 NSIC South) travel to Fayette, Iowa to take on Upper Iowa University (2-4 NSIC, 0-2 NSIC South) in a Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference South Division battle on Saturday, Oct. 13. The two teams will kickoff at 1 p.m. from Harms-Eischeid Stadium.
• Augustana and Upper Iowa will meet for and NSIC?South Division game on Saturday.
• Opening kickoff is set for 1 p.m. at Harms-Eischeid Stadium in Fayette, Iowa.
• Augustana and Upper Iowa enter the contest with identical records of 2-4 NSIC, and 0-2 in the South Division.
• Augustana and Upper Iowa are tied with Southwest Minnesota State?and Concordia-St. Paul for 10th at 2-4 in the NSIC standings.
• Augustana and Upper Iowa are the only two teams without a win in divisional play.
• Augustana dropped to 2-4 for the first time since the 2007 season.
• The 52-14 loss to No. 12 Minnesota State last week, was the largest margin of defeat at home since a 45-7 loss to St. Cloud State at Howard Wood in 2002.
• Augustana was held to a season-low 44 yards rushing against Minnesota State last week, its lowest total since rushing for 40 yards at Northern State on Oct. 8, 2011.
• Augustana's offense ranks fifth in the NSIC and 50th in the NCAA averaging 32.7 points per game.
• Augustana's passing offense ranks third in the NSIC and 28th nationally averaging 276.8 yards per game through the air.
• Augustana leads the NSIC and ranks third in the nation averaging 42.6 net punt average.
• Augustana is the least penalized team in the NSIC, averaging 43.8 penalty yards per game.
• The Vikings have been flagged 31 times for 263 yards.
• Augustana ranks third in the NSIC with 136 first downs, 50 rushing, 70 passing, 16 penalties.
• Augustana ranks second in the NSIC in third down conversions, connecting on 48.5 percent (48 of ) of its chances
Courtesy: Augustana College