20 Things You Can Do This 4th of July Weekend Around Sioux Falls
4th of July Eve. It's not a bad way to start this Red, White & Blue weekend.
I always look forward to First Friday. For the last several years the downtown Sioux Falls area has grown to almost cult status on the first Friday of the month.
Many dining choices, outdoor seating, art shows, live music. For some it's the only time they can catchup with friends.
This 4th of July weekend in Sioux Falls and the surrounding towns will be one of the best. Below are my top 20.
- July 3 Downtown Block Party on the Eastbank beginning at 6:00 PM at the 8th and Railroad Center. Live music, food vendors, beer and wine, shopping and more. Admission is free. Visit their website for more information.
- July 3 Animals at the Amphitheater 11am at the Downtown River Greenway Amphitheater. You'll meet four live animals with the Great Plains Zoo’s Zoo Express.
- July 3 Rhythm On The River on the Downtown Riverfront between 6th & 8th Street
- July 3 Washington Pavilion FREE First Friday 5pm.
- July 3 The Greatest Show on H2O at Catfish Bay Water Ski Park 7pm
- July 3-4 Lennox Old Fashioned 4th of July Great family fun. Street Dance 6:00 PM-1:00 AM. July 4th: Road Race, pancake Feed, Parade, Arts in the Park, Live Music, Band Concert and Fireworks. Visit www.lennoxnews.com for full schedule.
- July 3-4 Bare Bodkins Theatre Company presents: Hamlet by William Shakespeare 7pm at the Queen Bee Mill.
- July 3-5 Pop-Up Park on Phillips (near the Phillips Avenue Diner)
- July 3-5 Sculpture Walk Downtown Sioux Falls
- July 3 Toilet Bowl Races in Centerville. Really! Plus a street dance.
- July 4 Farmers Market, several to choose from. You’ll find hanging baskets, vegetable transplants, perennials, produce, jams and jellies and more.
- July 4 Sioux Falls Mayor's 4th of JULY Parade and Picnic draws thousands for the fun run/walk that begins at 8am, the parade at 10:00 AM, lunch at 11:00 AM for the first 5,000. Sioux Falls Municipal Band performs at 11:30 AM, a short program at Noon, Mogen’s Heroes perform at 12:30 PM. Visit the City of Sioux Falls website for more information.
- July 4 The Greatest Show on H2O at Catfish Bay Water Ski Park 2:00 PM.
- July 4 Independence Day Bike Parade at Newton Hills State Park near Canton.
- July 4 Sioux Falls Municipal Band 8:00 PM.
- July 4 Sioux Falls Jaycees Fireworks display at W. H. Lyon Fairgrounds.
- July 4 Moonlight Movie 8:50 PM at Fawick Park. Enjoy a free movie in the park. Bring a blanket or chair. Popcorn, candy, soda and water are available for purchase. Movies begin at dusk.
- July 5 Art Exhibits at area museums
- July 5 Sangria Sunday at Strawbale Winery 1pm. Bring a Picnic Lunch. Live music from 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM! Sangria Summer Wine! Family Friendly. Feed the chickens or pet the cats. Experience a beautiful country afternoon in a beautiful country setting.
- July 5 Sioux Falls Municipal Band 3:00 PM at McKennan Park, 8:00 PM at Terrace Park.