Bike Across South Dakota Event Invites You for a Day or Entire Week
Love to ride your bike? Here's a great opportunity to ride a route across South Dakota with other enthusiasts for a day or an entire week.
The Ride Across South Dakota, RASDak, is marking their fifth annual event, with multiple stops from Rapid City to Sioux Falls.
RASDak does more than organize riding events, they're gifting bike repair locations in Sioux Falls, Badlands National Park and Rapid City.
If you go:
- Join the bike trip for a day or a week
- 175 riding positions are available, so register early
- The weekly fee is $175, or a daily rate of $40
- Free camping is included in registration
- Maps and route assistance are provided
- Food is provided at many stops by local volunteers in each community, often as a fundraiser.
Day 1, June 4 – Rapid City to Cedar Pass Campground, Badlands National Park, 74 miles
Day 2, June 5 – Cedar Pass Campground in Badlands National Park to Wall through Phillip, 66 miles
Day 3, June 6 – Wall to Kadoka through the Badlands National Park scenic route, 88 miles with an option for 58 miles
Day 4, June 7 - Kadoka to Presho through 1880 Town and Murdo, 76 miles
Day 5, June 8 – Presho to Wessington Springs through Fort Thompson, 87 miles
Day 6, June 9 – Wessington Springs to Salem through Howard, 80 miles
Day 7, June 10 – Salem to Sioux Falls, 46 miles