Gobble Gobble: Best Sports Quotes of All-Time
After the San Francisco 49ers won on Monday Night Football, Jim Harbaugh gave us a very memorable quote in his post game press conference.
Reporter: Do you think [Smith's] performance tonight maybe put any confidence issues to rest?
Harbaugh: I don't think there was ever a question there. I think it's just a lot of gobble gobble turkey.
R: What is gobble, gobble turkey?
H: Just gobble, gobble, gobble turkey from jive turkey gobblers ... that paints a pretty good picture. He's a very confident guy.
As you can see, Harbaugh, once a quarterback in the NFL himself, was going to the aid of his QB Alex Smith who actually had a record-setting night completion percentage-wise, going 18 of 19 in the victory over the Arizona Cardinals.
Looking past the context behind the exchange, and Harbaugh's true intent, his quote has to make you chuckle.
Those quotes got me thinking about the other great audio we've received over the years from Athletes and Coaches across the sports spectrum.
Here are my top my favorites of all time in no particular order...
1. Mike Singletary, Former San Fransisco 49er's Head Coach: "I need Winners"
2. Jim Mora Former Indianapolis Colts Head Coach: ''Playoffs'"
3. Allen Iverson, Former NBA All Star: "Practice"
4. Dennis Green, Former Arizona Cardinals Head Coach: "They are who we thought they were!"
5. Mike Ditka, Former New Orleans Saints Head Coach: "Next"
Derek Anderson, Former Arizona Cardinals QB: "Nothing is Funny to Me"
Mike Gundy, Oklahoma State Head Coach: "I'm a Man"