VERMILLION, SD -- South Dakota junior forward Jenny Teslow scored two second-half goals, including a game-tying score with eight seconds left, to lead the Coyotes in a 4-4 draw with North Dakota Sunday at USD Soccer Complex.

Teslow's late score completed a flurry of goals in the final five minutes of regulation. South Dakota's Lauren Bennett knotted the game at 3-3 by drilling a header off a well-placed corner kick from teammate Taylor Nivala. It was Bennett's first collegiate goal.

North Dakota (1-2-1) regained the lead less than three minutes later when Noah Mithrush knocked in a rebound after Megan Anderson's long shot from the left side ricocheted off the right post. North Dakota led 4-3 with 2:29 remaining.

Coyote goalkeeper Abby Lindsey sent a ball across midfield in the closing seconds. The ball took a bounce and found Teslow who pushed to the right side of the box before deflecting a shot off the out-stretched arms of North Dakota keeper Kristi Hestdalen and into the left side of the net to send the game into overtime.

Teslow had the best chance to win it in the extra frames. A defensive miscue by North Dakota in the opening minute of overtime gave Teslow a one-on-one with Hestdalen, but Teslow's shot sailed high of the bar. North Dakota's Sheri Stapf placed the only shot on goal during overtime.

North Dakota scored twice in the first 12 minutes and led 3-1 at halftime. South Dakota out-shot North Dakota 14-5 the rest of the way.

The Coyotes (0-2-1) return to the pitch Tuesday against Creighton. Game time from USD Soccer Complex is 4 p.m.

Courtesy:  University of South Dakota

LAWRENCE, KS -- The South Dakota State women's soccer team was shutout 5-0 by Georgia in its Kansas Invitational finale on Sunday morning.

SDSU entered with a 1-1-1 record by virtue of its 0-0 (2 OT) tie versus UNLV on Friday. Georgia dropped its invitational opener 1-0 to host Kansas.

It took only a few minutes to change the fortunes of the Bulldogs, as Georgia scored 210 seconds into the game. The goal scored on a follow off of a saved header by SDSU GK Elisa Stamatakis.

The Bulldogs dominated the first half offensively with the advantage in shots (14-0), shots on goal (3-0) and corner kicks (3-0).

Georgia was whistled for four fouls and one offside. SDSU was whistled for two fouls and no offside.

Stamatakis made three saves in the first half.

The second half started in similar fashion, as Georgia scored early after the whistle. Seven minutes and 56 seconds into the half the Bulldogs extended the lead to 2-0 on a bending shot from 30 yards out.

Three minutes later, Georgia scored on a shot from 10 yards out for a 3-0 lead.

Georgia scored its fourth goal two minutes later.

The scoring concluded in the 79th minute as the Bulldogs completed its 5-0 win.

"I thought we played a pretty good first half, but our inexperience showed in the second," head coach Lang Wedemeyer said. "Georgia is another quality opponent and they scored some great goals which took the wind out of our sails. We have got a long way to go and a short time to get there."

The Bulldogs finished with a great advantage in shots (23-5), shots on goal (9-3) and corner kicks (10-2).

Georgia was whistled for nine fouls and one offside, while SDSU was whistled for five fouls and two offside.

One Georgia player received one red card in today's game.

Diana Potterveld led the team with two shots, while Darci Miller, Christa Nyblom and Hannah Phillips each registered one shot on goal.

Stamatakis made three saves in 60 minutes of play.

Next up SDSU hosts Drake in its regular season home opener. Game time is set for 6 p.m. on Friday at Fishback Soccer Park in Brookings.

Courtesy:  South Dakota State University