The Tea Fire Department was dispatched to reports of a house fire on Sunday night at around 8:00 p.m.

The owner, Brandy Storgaard, reported smoke filling the house. She told authories that she and her two children escaped the home along with the family dog.

The fire began in the basement and was contained to the fireplace and the family room. The home did suffer heavy smoke and water damage.

One firefighter had minor injuries called by falling sheet rock. He was treated and released.

Tea Storm ChasersKSOO-AM
Tea Storm Chasers/KSOO-AM