The Most Accurate NFL Power Rankings on Any Planet or Galaxy
No one is more accurate on their NFL Power Rankings than the great Jeff Thurn of ESPN 99.1 out of Sioux Falls, SD. Its unbelievable, Jeff Thurn's ability to accurately evaluate the NFL's elite.
Now that we have that out of the way, I would like to introduce myself to some of you readers who may not know me yet, my name is Jeff Thurn.
Always nice to lead with a joke when you are trying to evaluate the NFL. We all know if you don't like the results, wait a week, because everything is Not For Long.
But in all seriousness, I pride myself on evaluations. I take my power rankings from after week 10 all the way through the Super Bowl. Follow along and feel free to give your feedback.
1. Denver Broncos - this is all predicated on the assumption that the Broncos will have the #1 seed in the AFC and home field advantage. That is simply because I have no confidence in one of the greatest ever to play the position, Mr. Peytty Pie and his Broncos to go on the road and win against New England. These guys are full throttle at home and the defense seems to elevate better there as well. Keeping free of the injury bug down the stretch will be huge for them as well.
2. New England Patriots - I love New England right now. They seem to be getting better and better with every snap. The one thing they need to get better at is being more consistent at being consistent in regards to rushing the football and defending the run. Ranking 19th in rushing yards and 22nd against it, New England must get better in order to slow down a time of pace against future high powered offenses as the season progresses. But who doesn't love the Hoody and Brady come the postseason, even as a Steelers fan, I DO!
3. Green Bay Packers - R E L A X. Thats what I want you to do when you read this and I have a team that is second in their own division as the #1 NFC team in my power rankings, but hear me out. Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL and he has a defense that is great against the pass and terrible against the run. Since the Super Bowl title it has seemed that the D was bad at both. So improvements... Plus, I think he has the best collection of weapons offensively that he has EVER had. Go Pack Go!
4. Indianapolis Colts - I would like to put Dallas, Philly or even Arizona right here, but unfortuneatly, two of the three have back ups moving forward at QB and the Cowboys have what I believe is a still fragile Tony Romo with that ailing back. So I have to give the nod to the Colts who have a healthy QB who just happens to be the best young QB in the entire league in Andrew Luck. The emergence of Ty Hilton has been such a benefit and I like the cohesiveness this defense expresses against the run. Big test Sunday Night at home against the New England Patriots.
5. Philadelphia Eagles - Yes, I gave the nod to the Colts because of the QB issue yet I give the Eagles the edge over the Cowboys when the Boys have Romo and the Eagles have a back up with a nickname of "Butt Fumble". Here's the deal. Mark "Butt Fumble" Sanchez NEVER had anything close to the weapons offensively that he has now including the biggest weapon of them all in Chip Kelly. Defensive is ok and must improve, but it is Kelly's offensive that allows the D the luxury of not being elite in order to succeed.
Here's the rest of the Top 15:
6. Seattle Seahawks
7. Dallas Cowboys
8. Detroit Lions
9. Arizona Cardinals (NO PALMER!)
10. Kansas City Chiefs
11. Baltimore Ravens
12. San Francisco 49ers
13. Miami Dolphins
14. New Orleans Saints
15. Cincinnati Bengals
** YOU CAN EMAIL JEFF THURN AT JT@ESPN991.COM AND FOLLOW HIM ON TWITTER @JTESPN991. ALSO LISTEN TO HIM ON ESPN 99.1 AND WWW.ESPN991.COM