World Series Game One Tonight
Game-1 of the World Series is tonight here on ESPN 99.1. The Washington Nationals in their first ever title game send Max Scherzer to the mound against the Houston Astros Gerrit Cole. Our coverage begins here on ESPN 99.1 begins at 6:00 PM.
To nobody's surprise, three-time Cy Young winner Scherzer is officially the Game-1 starter for the Washington Nationals. He'll face off against Houston Astros starter Gerrit Cole, who is riding a streak of 19 consecutive winning decisions, in the first showdown between two powerhouse starting rotations.
Both pitchers have excelled so far in the postseason. Scherzer is 2-0 with a 1.80 ERA and 27 strikeouts in three starts and one relief appearance (20 innings). In the division series against the Dodgers he allowed one run in seven innings, and against the Cardinals in the NLCS he took a no-hitter into the seventh inning, finishing with one hit, no runs and 11 strikeouts over seven frames.
Cole, meanwhile, has won all three of his postseason starts and has allowed one run in 22 2/3 innings with 32 strikeouts. The two hard-throwing right-handers arguably have the best pure stuff of any starters in baseball.
- Tuesday, October 22 Game-1 Washington vs Houston, 6:00 PM
- Wednesday, October 23 Game-2 Washington vs Houston, 6:00 PM
- Friday, October 25 Game-3 Houston vs Washington, 6:00 PM
- Saturday, October 26 Game-4 Houston vs Washington, 6:00 PM
- *Sunday, October 27 Game-5 Houston vs Washington, 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, October 29 Game-6 Washington vs Houston, 6:00 PM
- *Wednesday, October 30 Game-7 Washington vs Houston, 6:00 PM
© 2019 ESPN Internet Ventures. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.